Give me your technical challenge and I will be happy to solve it right away. I love to purify raw data into something useful or to build interfaces that people like to use.
I want software that fits. Therefore I like to understand the needs and goals of all stakeholders involved.
With 17 years of experience I can point out critical aspects early, give realistic time estimations and serve you with constructive feedback.
|LoopBack||server-side API framework|
|ES6, Vanilla JS, jQuery|
|Web/Interface||AngularJS, ExtJS, jQuery Mobile|
|Electron||for desktop apps|
|PHP||PHP 7, OOP, PDO, SPL, …|
|Doctrine, Propel||object relational mapping|
|Databases||MySQL/MariaDB||relational databases (SQL)|
|MongoDB, LDAP||document oriented databases (NoSQL)|
|Data/Knowledge||NLP||parsing, processing, extraction|
|Semantic data||treatment, storing, crowdsourcing|
|Frontend||CSS3, HTML5, SVG|
|User experience, SEO, Web accessibility|
|Specialities||RegExp, mod_rewrite, Unicode/UTF8|
|Version control||Git, Subversion|
|OS/Server||Mac/Unix, Linux, Windows|
|Shell, Bash scripting|
|Methods||Scrum, Kanban, Lean, TDD|
|Commerce||Billing, Market place, curated shopping|
|CMS||Wordpress, Open Text Web Solutions|
|Languages||Objective-C, Java||German, English,|
a bit Japanese
- “Interpreting” between geeks and rest of the company.
- People trust me.
- Supportive and authentic.
- Looking at matters from different perspectives.
- Understanding of body language.
Published CalculatorPad November 2017
- Online calculator with instant results.
Experimental browser 2017
- Web browser for experts with a command line interface.
- Cross system desktop app based on the Electron framework.
Natural language processing project 2017 and before
- Parsing natural text and extracting the knowledge.
- Making knowledge accessible via chatbot like interface.
- Side project, in stealth mode.
Freelancer at onBill in 2015/2016
- Planing and developing a billing software in the cloud, from scratch.
- node.js API Backend, based on the StrongLoop framework.
- Web application implemented with AngularJS.
- Interim CTO.
Freelancer at Outfittery in 2013
- Developed an internal web app to filter, arrange and order products/outfits.
- Managing the technical communication with the stylists team.
- Experiencing a rapidly scaling and business driven startup.
Bootstrapped vsChart.com since 2010
- Web platform to collect knowledge in a clean, structured and semantic form.
- The core is a wiki engine for structured data, based on PHP and MongoDB.
- Bootstrapped and self funded.
Freelancer at mail.de in 2010/2011
- International team.
Co-founder and CTO of biobay 2008 - 2012
- Web platform for a sustainable, ecological and healthy lifestyle.
- Custom implementation of a market place, geographical search, news system and community features.
- In a team of three co-founders, responsible for the all development and all technical stuff.
Developer and trainee at Comspace until 2009
- Implemented custom systems like a survey platform, shop, CMS, etc.
- Worked with enterprise level Content Management Systems.
- Three years as trainee, two years as employee.
First experiences since 2000
- First freelance projects.